Tending the Holy
“Christos was a place that taught me how to pay attention to my soul, and in the process, it created a deeper capacity to hold both my true self and the journey of others.”
Ashley, Class of 2015
A two-year training program in the art of spiritual direction
Start the Path to Becoming a Spiritual Director
We are all searching for meaning and purpose in life. A spiritual companion with maturity and experience can guide others in this search. By holding another’s story gently and prayerfully, such a companion encourages them to listen for what God might be saying through life’s everyday experiences. This is what spiritual direction is all about, and what Tending the Holy prepares people for.
Is Tending the Holy for me?
- Are you seeking training in the ministry of spiritual direction?
- Have you experienced spiritual direction?
- Do you have a passion to walk alongside others?
- Are you listening for the movement of God in your own life?
What to Expect
Tending the Holy rests on this premise—we receive the gift to be present and listen to another’s story in a healthy way through our own prayerful practices and contemplative experiences of God. Each unit below is designed to encourage those experiences. The program’s peer groups foster honest and deep sharing of the insights of the formation process.
- Foundations of Spiritual Direction
- Contemplative Prayer
- Movements/Dynamics of the Spiritual Direction Relationship
- Theology in Spiritual Direction: Introduction to Peer Supervision
- The Heart of Discernment
- Human and Spiritual Development
Download a flyer for the program that suits you!
Want to learn more?
Our program coordinators would love to speak with you.
Tending the Holy is a two-year program offered in the Twin Cities, Chicago, and online.
- Classes meet two evenings per month from September – May.
- A silent retreat weekend is held once each year.
- Presentations are offered live and online.
- Participants meet regularly with a spiritual director prior to and during the program.
- Program work includes readings, written reflections, practicums, and peer supervision with a trained director.
- Tuition: $2,475 per year payable in monthly installments. Additional costs include $100 registration fee, books, spiritual direction, and two weekend retreats.